CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline: February 4th, 2024
The European Academy of Religion aims to create an inclusive network, to act as an open platform, and to provide a framework to foster research, communication, exchange and cooperation concerning important religious issues for the academic world and society at large.
As stated by our Statute, each year the Academy convenes an annual conference that combines working sessions (panels, working groups, round tables and book presentations) with four keynote lectures offered by internationally renowned scholars. While the subjects of the working sessions reflect the variety of disciplines embraced by the Academy, the lessons are focused on a specific topic, which is different each year.
The program of each annual conference reflects well our approach, our choices and the inclusiveness we want to adopt. The heterogeneity of the topics is exactly the hallmark of EuARe: we are constantly working to involve all academic disciplines and the various countries represented, and we support the creation and dissemination of disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge to contribute to the construction of society and the formation of culture.
#EuARe2024 welcomes panel and Author Meets Critique (AMC) proposals, according to the rules and deadlines published in the Call for Proposals. Scholars, students, practitioners, and other interested parties are encouraged to participate in the conference by organizing and proposing panels.
Panels may be:
- ‘closed’ if the proposal includes a topic, convenor, and agreed panellists for all its sessions, or
- ‘open’ if the proposal includes a topic and convenor and invites submissions from panellists,
- an ‘Author Meets Critique’ (AMC) if the proposal includes the author of a significant, recently published work who will receive and respond to critique from other panellists.
Individuals interested in participating in the conference with a paper proposal are encouraged to check the website regularly, starting from November 1, and submit their paper abstracts directly to the panel convenor following the instructions provided in the panel descriptions.
The language of the European Academy of Religion and its annual conference is English to enable the widest possible participation. We invite each and every speaker to take this policy into account.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Opening of the call for closed and open panels, and AMCs proposals: October 2, 2023
- Opening of the rolling call for papers within open panels: November 1, 2023
- Opening of early-bird registrations: December 1, 2023
- Deadline for open panel proposals: January 7, 2024
- Deadline for proposals of closed panels and AMCs: January 21, 2024
- Deadline for early-bird registrations: January 31, 2024
- Deadline for paper proposals within open panels: February 4, 2024
- Deadline for submitting the panels’ final details: March 3, 2024
- Release of the draft conference schedule: April 1, 2024
- Deadline for schedule alteration requests: April 15, 2024
- Deadline for registrations for all panellists: April 15, 2024
- Release of the final conference schedule: April 29, 2024
- Deadline for regular registration: May 5, 2024